Your sump pump is one of those items you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Cleveland home.
Sump pumps can stop working for a few of different reasons and we’ve probably experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our experts will examine your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any sign of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is crucial to remember there are a few easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not tipping to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 440-252-1375
or request an appointment online.