Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Cleveland
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s draining properly so your Cleveland basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease draining for several various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, call the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for a couple of different reasons:
- No power
- Insufficient maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump starts and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to protect your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 440-252-1375 or request an appointment online.