$50 OFF
Kill air-borne viruses!

Fight Allergies in Cleveland with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was first used to treat tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to clean hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your Cleveland home’s environment healthier.

A UV lamp can decontaminate HVAC systems and improve the air quality in your Cleveland home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens within 10 seconds of contact.

This can prompt relief for asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid locations where mold and bacteria multiply. These lights may even help your HVAC unit work longer, since they keep parts clean.

Our Experts can advise you on the unit that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are put inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and work constantly. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to eliminate the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as fast as 10 seconds, this powerful light halts contaminants from spreading throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how practical UV light is in battling germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to eliminate 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold levels in a commercial office building’s HVAC system.

A germicidal system can also wipe out smells and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not useful against dust, which is best managed by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is harmless as long as you take a couple of preventive measures.

The sun radiates ultraviolet light, which has a lower wavelength than light you can detect. It’s responsible for creating painful sunburns. Extended overexposure can cause wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is stronger, so it’s important to let Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning take care of installation and maintenance. You should never look right at the light or allow bare skin to come into contact with it.