What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating correctly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right can also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.