Prevention is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Cleveland.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, including your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.