Your HVAC equipment is essential to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to maintain an uninterrupted source of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to progress slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and take care of small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often expect same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and work with our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.