When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets costly soon. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.