Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Cleveland, you could be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the best efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your yearly energy bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the cost of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 440-252-1375 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.