Air conditioners don’t work forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Cleveland, you could be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the best efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your long-term energy bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the cost of replacing your complete system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 440-252-1375 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.