Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many people in Cleveland. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Cleveland heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Cleveland heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 440-252-1375 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Cleveland heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Cleveland temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.