There are many gases that could be in your Cleveland house. Natural gas and gases that originate from residential furnishings, carpeting and paints. None of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 440-252-1375 right away to begin protecting your home against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?
Carbon monoxide may be a life and death situation, so it’s not something to joke about.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to observe it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small concentrations and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Fatal After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can creep into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a residence, the gas can become fatal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it requires five hours to get it out of your body. You will need an extra five hours to cut that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Mimic Other Illnesses
It may also mimic conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some things you can do to keep your residence safe:
- Every residence with at least one gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have an alarm on all levels of your home, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 440-252-1375 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide system, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide system sounds, exit your house immediately and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the proper steps your home can be safe from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 440-252-1375 to learn more.