No matter what the climate outside, the temperature inside your house determines how comfortable you will be. Find the right temp and your rooms will seem like a comfortable escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time to take a detailed look at how you’re managing your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a solid system or a problematic performer. Complete this short quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is almost here. How do you prepare your AC?
- Replace the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Call in the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing at all. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a particularly warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Instruct my visitors to bring cold beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it operating before people show up.
- Start my fans and wish for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Allow my contractor pick one out and fund it with a credit card.
- Save worries and expenses by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system on the market.
- When you receive your next monthly utility bill, what do you anticipate you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC costs have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I see it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and devote a weekend trying to fix it.
- Schedule a qualified technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and wait until it ends.
Now check your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your machine and you have a plan for replacement. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a couple of changes to help your equipment perform better. Keep reading to learn how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Annual Maintenance While replacing your air filter and dusting your vents are crucial tasks to prep your equipment for a season change, a professional maintenance appointment is essential to complete the process. During a seasonal visit, your HVAC technician will handle a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your machine. And while they’re around, your HVAC Expert will keep an eye out for more severe complications for your system. That could save you a high-priced breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained heating and cooling systems can have trouble sometimes. And it always seems to hit at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to customers at no additional cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained home comfort systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Create a strategy now to avoid last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front expenses. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your energy bills can reveal more than your monthly costs. If you’re observing a regular hike in your expenses but no change in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your equipment. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Take action when you hear a odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It demonstrates something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left alone it could make for an pricey repair in the future. Don’t try to fix it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you big when you don’t maintain it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, added costs and disappointment. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, think about selecting one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!