It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.