Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Checkups keep your AC system in Cleveland running at its best performance while keeping utility needs down. It also could even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can do on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can take alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a big dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling system freshened and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have repair or installation, you may be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can get awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, AC service might be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and may lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 440-252-1375, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from dust and grass.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and turning off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need additional action, we are prepared to offer you the most economical solution. Uncovering potential issues in a timely manner may solve more expensive troubles later. This also provides you time to save if your system is getting older.
When you need a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to pick the ideal system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to request your tune-up? Contact us at 440-252-1375 or schedule an appointment online today.