Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your AC system in Cleveland running at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption down. It also may even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a couple jobs you can do on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a large dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC checkups on that list.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning system freshened and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you may be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that can get extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the best state:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and may lower your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn maintenance near the exterior condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your equipment, as this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 440-252-1375, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and turning off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need additional action, we are prepared to offer you the most cost-effective choice. Uncovering potential troubles in a timely manner may solve more expensive troubles down the road. This also provides you time to save if your system is aging.
When you need a modern AC system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to request your tune-up? Contact us at 440-252-1375 or schedule an appointment online today.