What are the Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters?
With Earth Day approaching, you may be bombarded with ways to help “save the earth”. Surprise! We’re here to give you some more, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater environmentally-friendly, it can save you money and outlast your traditional tank heater. Truly! We compiled the best reasons you should buy a tankless water heater.
- Tax Rebates – Although the initial investment can seem a bit challenging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of about $300.
- Continuous Flow – We’ve all felt it. The stabbing pain of cold water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters avoid that trouble altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlive old, inefficient tank water heaters by five to ten years. So in addition to the government rebate, you don’t have to replace your tankless water heater as often, so you can save even more money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only demand the necessary amount of energy to heat the quantity of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water needlessly. This magical tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating bill. They also use less space since they can be placed on walls (or outdoors if you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be installed under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to rupture, no flooding. Although a leak is not impossible as with any plumbing appliance or instrument, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 45 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t collect water in a tank, you always have new, clean water that isn’t stored in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these wonderful reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater is right for your home, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today for a complimentary in-home analysis. We will help to make sure you select the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, tell you all the facts, and be there when you’re ready to make a decision.