Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Cleveland and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer air conditioning systems is an obvious plus in keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 440-252-1375 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right fit for your house. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.