Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your energy bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Cleveland and keeping payments low.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills down.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer air conditioning systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can turn to a couple other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 440-252-1375 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right product for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.